settlement offer from walmart???

Status
Not open for further replies.

effie333

i was charged with shoplifting on 12/29/2009. I went to court & got an offer to just do 40 hours community service, that I accepted. Today I received a letter from walmart( where I was caught shoplifting only $38.00) stating a settlement offer for me to pay walmart $150 for damages. It says if I dont pay it within 30 days they will pursue further civil action. Should I pay the $150 to Walmart? What will happen if I dont pay the money?

If you weren't ordered by the court to pay something to Wal-Mart, then don't pay it.
If you fail to pay then their option if to take you to court over it, where they would have to explain what the heck the $150 is for.

Does the letter that you received state what the $150 is for?

Hello! So i am dealing with the same thing right now. I received the settlement offer only mine was $250 and i live in Oregon. My payment is due the 15th of this month i was wondering how did your situation work out. did you pay the settlement offer? And I still havent went to court so Im not sure what they are gonna charge me with =[
Any help would be much appreciated. thank you!

Do not pay Walmart a dime.

If you do wish to pay the devils, wait until your criminal case has been adjudicated.

You are innocent until proven (or you plead) guilty!

Do nothing in the interim to help the state prove your guilt.

Ask you lawyer.

If you have none, ask the court to appoint one to represent you, or hire your own.

Wait.

Slow down.

Don't help others hang you!

Hello! So i am dealing with the same thing right now. I received the settlement offer only mine was $250 and i live in Oregon. My payment is due the 15th of this month i was wondering how did your situation work out. did you pay the settlement offer? And I still havent went to court so Im not sure what they are gonna charge me with =[
Any help would be much appreciated. thank you!

Its called "Civil Demand" and its state law failure to pay can lead to tripiling of fine law suits, negative report to credit reporting agencies, filing of criminal complaint and, more. Whether it does or not is a crap shoot. The question is are you a gambler? Like the OJ Simpson civil case your guilt or innocence does not play that vital a role in this case. The owner of this site also owns a site for retail theft issues. There you cna get answers from experts in retail theft you might try there as well link is in my signature line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back