Settlement of class action law suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

largefry3

My family were members of a class action suit that recently settled. When the settlement checks were disbursed we were told that they could not find our file. Our claim forms were either lost in the mail or in the law office. I did not keep copies of the forms so have no proof they were filed. I have all of the documentation sent regarding the suit. My question is, do we have any recourse? Is there any "grace period" that would allow us to complete and submit new claim forms? We completed many forms over the course of the suit. I find it strange that all were received but the claim forms.

largefry3 said:
My family were members of a class action suit that recently settled. When the settlement checks were disbursed we were told that they could not find our file. Our claim forms were either lost in the mail or in the law office. I did not keep copies of the forms so have no proof they were filed. I have all of the documentation sent regarding the suit. My question is, do we have any recourse? Is there any "grace period" that would allow us to complete and submit new claim forms? We completed many forms over the course of the suit. I find it strange that all were received but the claim forms.
What did they tell you? Did the office try to contact you? How did they know that you were supposed to be one of the creditors? How do they know they "lost" your file?

Not that this will help but could you obtain records of correspondence, e.g. old phone bills, that indicate you had contact with the firm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back