Consumer Law, Warranties Services not requested - but billed

jhouk

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I had a contract with a snow removal company which ended March 31. In April this company came and plowed my driveway without me requesting service. I thought they were generously extending their service to their annual customers. Not so - I received a bill for "per time" plowing. My contract specifically states that they will plow per customer request. There is also no rate listed on the contract for "per time" service. I don't think I'm responsible for this bill. Am I correct? What recourse do I have if the company attempts to turn this over for collection?

Thank you.

I would say you are not responsible for the bill if you can show the service was contacontr to end and they can not show you requested it to continue.
Does your contract require you to notify them of your intent to discontinue service?
Have you already spoken to them about this?

I would say you are not responsible for the bill if you can show the service was contacontr to end and they can not show you requested it to continue.
Does your contract require you to notify them of your intent to discontinue service?
Have you already spoken to them about this?

My contract does not require me to state I want to discontinue. It clearly states it ends on March 31, 2018. I sent them a letter but have not heard back yet.

I think it would be folly to opine about this without reading the contract and any related documents. Obviously, "if the company attempts to turn this over for collection," your "recourse" is to defend yourself.

Back