Services not rendered

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Hello Sirs,

I paid a Law Firm named --------- the amount of $2245.00 for a bankruptcy proceeding almost a year ago and have not gotten a definitive answer or update on how my case is going. Every time I call them I get either their answering machine or on the very few times that I get through I get disconnected or hung up on. I am completely dissatisfied with their services and I want a complete refund of my money.

Charles, Please edit out all that identifying information. The firms name and address your phone number...none of that is necessary to assist you.

Hello Sirs,

I paid a Law Firm named --------- the amount of $2245.00 for a bankruptcy proceeding almost a year ago and have not gotten a definitive answer or update on how my case is going. Every time I call them I get either their answering machine or on the very few times that I get through I get disconnected or hung up on. I am completely dissatisfied with their services and I want a complete refund of my money.

I know nothing of your bankruptcy or the fee agreement that you signed with the lawyer. However, there are two general observations I can make here. First, you always have the right to fire your lawyer. Second, your lawyer is entitled to the fee he or she has already earned for the work he or she has already done. Thus, you likely won't get a full refund here since it sounds like the lawyer has done something for you, which is likely at least filing the petition for you. The lawyer is entitled to his/her fee for that work that has been done.

I know nothing of your bankruptcy or the fee agreement that you signed with the lawyer. However, there are two general observations I can make here. First, you always have the right to fire your lawyer. Second, your lawyer is entitled to the fee he or she has already earned for the work he or she has already done. Thus, you likely won't get a full refund here since it sounds like the lawyer has done something for you, which is likely at least filing the petition for you. The lawyer is entitled to his/her fee for that work that has been done.

They never even filed the petition for me. They have not done anything except ask me for more money and give me the run-around. And hang up on me when I finally get through to them on the phone.

They never even filed the petition for me. They have not done anything except ask me for more money and give me the run-around. And hang up on me when I finally get through to them on the phone.

Then why have you waited around for year for an attorney who hasn't even filed the petition for you? Most people who need bankruptcy relief aren't going to benefit from waiting around a year to file the petition and get started.

I suggest you find a new bankruptcy attorney. The new attorney can assist you with firing the old one and getting back the unearned portion of the fee you paid.

Back