served per hospital balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustresa

Hi, Just served per hospital bill of 700 which was what the balance was after copay, really unaware there was still a balance since moved from Memphis to Knoxville Tn last summer. I actually should have sued the hospital because I was fluid overloaded and sent me back in with pulmonary edema 2 days after released from hospital, they said the xray showed community acquired pneumonia (wrong). I consulted a pulmonologist who pulled the xrays. I also worked prn in the ICU as an RN there. This is all beside the point, they almost killed me (literally), I did not say a word, My insurance paid THOUSANDS and they are suing for 700 dollars, I guess my question is really, Can I settle the account before the court date in May and Who do I contact, the attorney or the hospital? Did I mention the OB did not ever bill for my copay,because she knew the score and knew that I knew, I have a zero balance with her office.

Q: Can I settle the account before the court date in May and Who do I contact, the attorney or the hospital?

A: Negotiate with whoever sent you the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back