Eviction Process Serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyJesus

I am in Oklahoma. My friend moved into a house. the house belonged to her coworker, Ryan. My friend did NOT sign a lease, pay a deposit, or anything of that manner. She asked if we(me and my fiance) could move in with her. We said yes. We talked to the landlord, Ryan, and he said its fine. Our friend moved out of state, so we continued to live in the house. Ryans mother came to pick up the rent at random days every month. We decided to move out. As we were in the process of moving out, Ryans mother came and told us to give her the rent, as she always does. But due to there being no set day to pay her on, we did not have the money. We told her to come back in a week, and we would pay her. She called her son, Ryan, and lied and told him there were holes busted in the walls. He called us and asked. we said no, and took pictures to prove it. Then his mother called us, and said we had 3 days to remove ourselves from the property. We moved the rest of our stuff out. We refused to pay the last months rent, because she didnt give us the legal amount of time to get off of the property. She also is not owner of the house at all, just the mother of our landlord. She is now continually texting my fiance, cussing, and being disrespectful. Which I find harassing. Ryans mother is claiming that the front door is kicked in. Which i believe happened after we moved out, due to somebody breaking in. I am just curious on somebody's legal opinion of the matter. And what would most likely happen if this was taken to court. Oh, and the Landlord Ryan, is now threatening to fight me. We have all of what was said on text messages, also.

Pay the rent you owe. You lived there, so pay them.
Will they take you to court?
I don't know, I don't care.
No one cares, but you and the landlord.
Work it out. You owe something for living there.
Why fool with courts?
If it was your house, you'd want to be paid.
Why live in turmoil?
That's not living, that's existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back