Septic

My septic is not on my property and I have lived here 46 yrs

Imagine that, your septic tank resides on another person's property.

What do you plan to do about that?

Thanks for taking a minute out of your busy day to share this with us.

What's the issue?

Is somebody preventing you from using it?
Are you selling the property and the location of the septic has become a problem?
Something else?

So...here's what we know:

1. Your property has no septic system or sewer access, but your home is connected to a septic system on a neighboring property.

2. You want to sell your property.

3. The neighbor on whose property the septic system is located also wants to sell (I'm guessing that this is what you meant when you wrote "they are planning on selling").

Here's what we don't know:

Why are you sharing this information with us? What legal issue are you dealing with that you would like us to discuss?

Your posts are all very short and lacking in detail. You need to explain what the problem is if you want any sort of meaningful feedback.

So...here's what we know:

1. Your property has no septic system or sewer access, but your home is connected to a septic system on a neighboring property.

2. You want to sell your property.

3. The neighbor on whose property the septic system is located also wants to sell (I'm guessing that this is what you meant when you wrote "they are planning on selling").

Here's what we don't know:

Why are you sharing this information with us? What legal issue are you dealing with that you would like us to discuss?

Your posts are all very short and lacking in detail. You need to explain what the problem is if you want any sort of meaningful feedback.
I need a easement to be able to sell.

It would be helpful if you wrote posts that included more than ten words.

Who told you that you cannot sell without an easement?

And, for at least the third time: what is the legal issue you want us to address?

The realtor told me I had to have a easement before I could sell my property and if the property owners don't want to sign a easement is there any other way to get one.

The realtor told me I had to have a easement before I could sell my property

That's wrong. I suggest you consult with someone else.

That being said, not having an easement may make your property unappealing to potential buyers. That may be what the realtor meant.

if the property owners don't want to sign a easement is there any other way to get one.

No.

It may be that the best/most sensible thing to do would be to install a septic system on your property.

The realtor told me I had to have a easement before I could sell my property and if the property owners don't want to sign a easement is there any other way to get one.

Never take legal advice from a realtor. They don't know S from Shinola or their A from their Elbow.

Though I agree with Z that:

not having an easement may make your property unappealing to potential buyers

You can offer them money to sell you the easement.

In most cases that is how it has to be done.

Very few people give things away because you ask.

Many will sell you something you need.

However, some people will refuse money, unless its a large amount.

Talk to a lawyer near you for details.

Back