separation and alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp_marc

I hope someone can help me with this. My wife and I are in the process of separation. We've lived in our house for 9 yrs and for the last 6 or 7 I have been the sole wage earner. For the first 10 yrs of our marrisge, she held a good job and career, and then around 2000, her mother suffered a stroke, so she then quit her job to take care of her. Her mother passed away after about 18 mos, but my wife never went back to work. She could have, she just chose not to. I had no problem with it, since I was able to make enough to support her and our 3 kids. My question is: how much alimony am I required to pay?How is alimony determined? I make about 90k a year. And also, what are my rights concerning our house? Do I have to move out of the house if I dont want to? My wife is actually the one who wants out of the marriage, so shouldnt she have to leave? We have 3 kids, and I have no problem with paying child support.

You really need to see an attorney. You have equal rights to custody, or you can certainly file for joint. As far as alimony, you will likely wind up paying her something, at least temporarily. You do not have to move out of the house unless court ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back