sentenced , no back time recieved ?

Peterangel

Jurisdiction
Texas
Newbie here , if this is in wrong place ,please advise.
I have a loved one that was convicted of a crime and is doing time in TDCJ Crain unit , we believe she was wrongly denied her back time , she did not have an attorney and the court appointed attorney was fired prior to sentencing . While incarcerated she wrote the DA and they responded that no back time was due . We strongly believe she is due her back time ,( she is due almost 15 months )but because of an error on the courts side she is being denied,they did not realize she had been in A Substance Abuse Felony Punishment situation (SAFP) situation and only recognized a state jail detainer . When she wrote the courts they responded that they reviewed the files and that she would not get her time spent in state jail prior to going to SAFPF. So my question is this , could the response for the back time request have been different if request came from an attorney that ALSO reviewed the files . or should we assume the courts are correct . and second what kind of attorney would i reach out to to deal with this , I dont want an attorney not familliar with this type of case .

Thanks,

Newbie here , if this is in wrong place ,please advise.
I have a loved one that was convicted of a crime and is doing time in TDCJ Crain unit , we believe she was wrongly denied her back time , she did not have an attorney and the court appointed attorney was fired prior to sentencing . While incarcerated she wrote the DA and they responded that no back time was due . We strongly believe she is due her back time ,( she is due almost 15 months )but because of an error on the courts side she is being denied,they did not realize she had been in A Substance Abuse Felony Punishment situation (SAFP) situation and only recognized a state jail detainer . When she wrote the courts they responded that they reviewed the files and that she would not get her time spent in state jail prior to going to SAFPF. So my question is this , could the response for the back time request have been different if request came from an attorney that ALSO reviewed the files . or should we assume the courts are correct . and second what kind of attorney would i reach out to to deal with this , I dont want an attorney not familliar with this type of case .

Thanks,

Attorneys don't TROLL this board seeking clients.

If you wish to HIRE an attorney to assist your love done, there should be dozens in in Harris County, or an nearby county.

Back