Sent home until I have a doc note

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandygirl05

I have seizures and was hired on with the condition known. This past week they called me and told me that I cant come back until I have a doc note stating I can work in the conditions. Why they are asking for one so late in the game I have no idea! But is there anyway I can get paid for my lost wages? I dont find this fair, its not my fault they didnt ask before! HELP!

Yes, this is legal.

No one here is inside your employer's head to know why they chose this particular time to ask for a doctor's note. But most employers don't ask for a note until after 3-5 days of absence, so this is not even unusual, let alone illegal.

You are not entitled by law to receive wages for time you did not work. If your employer has paid sick time you may be able to use that, or if they offer a short term disability policy you can see if you qualify. But the law is not going to force them to pay you, whether you find it fair or not.

Thanks for the info! I just wanted to make sure this was legal. Its hard for people with medical conditions not to feel discriminated against.

But employees with medical conditions do not have more rights than other employees, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back