Sending Grandaughter To California To Visit Mother When I Have Legal And Physical Cus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmusser

I HAVE LEGAL AND PHYSICAL CUSTODY BY A COURT ORDER IN PENNSYLVANIA. HER MOTHER WANTS TO COME FOR A VISIT TO CALIFORNIA. CAN SHE KEEP HER IF I LET HER GO BY HERSELF. SHE IS THIRTEEN. THE MOTHER AGREED FOR ME TO HAVE CUSTODY A YEAR AGO. CAN SHE JUST CHANGE HER MIND WHEN THE CHILD GETS TO CALIFORNIA

Again, my replies are mearly opinions, and shouldn't be thought of as anything else!

When you gained custody of your grandaughter, there should have been specifics mentioned then, as to visitation from either parent.

Personal Opinion: I would agree to let the mother have supervised visitation, or at least she have to travel to PA to visit, versus sending a 13 yr old, alone, on a cross-country flight.

Are you to pay for the flight to/from CA?? If that's the case, I understand, but I would suggest paying for the mother's ticket to PA instead, and she would need to provide board for herself, and her daughter for the visit. (motel, etc.)

I'm sure there are many more personal things involved here, that you wish to not explain, Let us know how things go! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back