Personal Bankruptcy selling residence after bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'm getting ready to file bankruptcy on account of what exceeds $54,000 of unsecured debt.

i have tried debt consolidation though when i spoke with them, the guy on the other end of the phone told me it was time i stopped living high on the hog.? i hung up the phone after that point figuring that trying to expalin a single federal income job does not do enough to support my three kids was futile. i live in a manufactured home in a rural area where we have to haul our own water. our biggest 'high on the hog living' is take and bake pizza or maybe a movie. newest car i have is 16 years old. right now we're going to the local food bank which really does something to humble a person.

i'm looking at a possible job promotion out of state. if i'm lucky enough to get the new job and try to sell my house what, if any ramifications would take place.

i'm going to retain counsel for bk, once my tax return comes in. i owe $70,000 on my house (paid 85,000 for it seven years ago). would i be in better shape trying to rent or lease the residence?

i'm actually looking forward to sticking it to the cc co's. i had been making minimum payments for the past several years and saw no relief in my balance.

yes i did utilize the money, yes i did agree to pay what i borrowed, yes i was late with a couple payments out of the 12 or so that i had made every month. certainly never agreed to the cc co's scandalous late fees, over limit fees and whatever else they could eek out of me. i had called the cc co's to ask for help because i couldn't make the payments, they told me there was nothing they could do.

now the collections dept wants to 'work' with me and settle for 'pennies on the dollar' (i got fed up and stopped making payments six monts ago). these are the same greedy rats that put their paws out for help from the govt (which they received but never reciprocated) arghhhhh....

lots of emotions with this, my apologies for the rant. never really thought i was a loser though i now see how easy it is for families to become homeless. we're close to that for sure. thank you for your time

Last edited:
File the BK.
You are entitled to the protection it provides.
Do not feel ashamed, it is our law.
General Motors, Continental Airlines, United Airlines, AIG, Chrysler (twice), and a host of other large corporations availed themselves of BK'S protection, you should too.
It is not easy, but it will lighten your load.
Good luck, God bless, and don't look back.

Creditors can be very nasty. This is because they know they have no recourse on you if you file bankruptcy. Most people try to do the right thing and pay everyone off putting themselves further in the hole. Chapter 7 was created to give people a second chance and a fresh start. File chapter 7 and get those creditors off your back and give yourself some breathing room to get back on your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back