Selling bogus goods on eBay?

john1995

Jurisdiction
New York
I have a connect that can get me very good fake sneakers online and i can sell them on eBay for 3 times the amount i pay for them. The product does have the real trademark and logo of the company it is faking. I am telling the buyers that it is fake merchandise by indicating that they are UA (Unauthorized Authentics). My worry is that the company comes after me for selling fake goods, or that eBay could come after me. What do you think?

I have a connect that can get me very good fake sneakers online and i can sell them on eBay for 3 times the amount i pay for them. The product does have the real trademark and logo of the company it is faking. I am telling the buyers that it is fake merchandise by indicating that they are UA (Unauthorized Authentics). My worry is that the company comes after me for selling fake goods, or that eBay could come after me. What do you think?

You're wise to be concerned.
Either the manufacturer, eBay, or both will do something.
In some cases a customer will buy the goods, then complain to eBay.
I've known companies to have buyers procure the goods, then file a complaint with eBay and send the seller a "cease and desist" letter along with a demand for $2,000, $5,000, or even $10,000.

Back