Selling 1/2 acre land in alpine lake, pa questions

eddiepr

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
A piece of land is going to be left to me and my brother, in Pennsylvania, from our dad and we wish to sell the land right away, the property is listed on court county records with our dad name

1) Is it totally necessary to have a deed of transfer done to our names in order to for us to sell the property and which type of deed transfer is best from dad to sons

2) We would like to know what options do we have legally in how to sell the land our father owns in Pennsylvania and he lives in Puerto Rico

3) Can we get a power of attorney to sell the property and keep the money from the sale without having a deed transfer written up

4) What problems will we have selling property if we do not get deed transfer done to us and recorded in county clerk office

A piece of land is going to be left to me and my brother, in Pennsylvania, from our dad and we wish to sell the land right away, the property is listed on court county records with our dad name

1) Is it totally necessary to have a deed of transfer done to our names in order to for us to sell the property and which type of deed transfer is best from dad to sons

2) We would like to know what options do we have legally in how to sell the land our father owns in Pennsylvania and he lives in Puerto Rico

3) Can we get a power of attorney to sell the property and keep the money from the sale without having a deed transfer written up

4) What problems will we have selling property if we do not get deed transfer done to us and recorded in county clerk office

Most people don't buy property unless they identify teh seller, and ascertain the seller's interest (if any) in the property on offer.

Most people make sure the title is free of liens and other legal encumbrances.
I can't specify what problems you might encounter, I can only suggest you make sure you have properly transferred and registered the deed before embarking on a sale.

You might want to discuss your options with a real estate agent, or a real estate lawyer in your area.

Sorry, but when your Dad dies nothing is going to happen right away.

No, the property can be sold by the estate and the proceeds distributed to you and your brother.

Unfortunately, that's going to require probate.

Oh, if you mean while he is alive, a quitclaim deed would do it.

If you are still talking about after his death, you file probate and the estate sells the property or you file probate and the estate deeds the property to you and your brother.

If you are talking about while he is alive you'll have to convince him to deed the land to you before he dies.

No. A power of attorney is not valid after death. Whatever end run around the law that you are hoping to do is not gonna happen.

As for while he is alive I'm not sure a power of attorney can be used to sell real estate and you certainly cannot legally use a power of attorney to line your own pockets. The proceeds would go to him first and then he can give you the money or spend it on himself.

Only one. You won't ever be able to sell it. Period.

There's another answer to that question. A Revocable Living Trust. Google it and learn all about it.

Back