Seller disclosure issues?

Shelia83

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Hello,

My husband and I bought a house to share with our 2 kids in November. (This is in ohio). What are the seller responsibilities if they didn't pull permits for projects they have done, and didn't indicate any zoning/code violations? Anything from remolding/rewiring, moving a door's location, getting a furnace+ hot water heater replaced, to installing a fence in the front yard (over the "non permit" height limit) They indicated that there were no zoning issues on the disclosure.

I'm just curious.

Thanks!

What type of home inspections did you have to find these problems prior to purchase?

It will be dependent on city/county codes on what they did without permitting, what fines there are etc. Whether or not you have a case will like AJ said matter in your locality with an attorney looking it over.

is there an HOA? You might check to see what communications were made from them, the city or the county to be able to prove what was not disclosed (but again depending on local law, you might have some shared responsibility for checking prior to purchase).

Back