security deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling you were not a LL. Some of your advice, like nail holes are not damages, are incorrect. Also, giving tenants reason that LL would rent to them if they bring a suit against them, if it had merit. Plus a few other things that is just seen from a tenant view. I agree that if the LL and tenant would do what is right there would be no problem, but we don't live in that world.

I am pretty sure I never said anything about nail holes. And no, too bad the world isn't like that. You are correct though, I am not a landlord. The several that I know though are more concerned about if the tenant was sued than cases the tenant brought. Of course within reason, no one is going to rent to someone who has sued every single past landlord. I guess there is a fine line and depends on each landlords feelings of such matters,

I am pretty sure I never said anything about nail holes. And no, too bad the world isn't like that. You are correct though, I am not a landlord. The several that I know though are more concerned about if the tenant was sued than cases the tenant brought. Of course within reason, no one is going to rent to someone who has sued every single past landlord. I guess there is a fine line and depends on each landlords feelings of such matters,

Sorry, you did not mention anything about nail holes...got mess up with another person replying and indicating that nail holes were not consider damages in another thread. I agree it is a fine line. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back