Security Deposit California

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbaz98

ok so we lived in the place for nearly 2 years the lease was for a year and our landlord decides to slowly sell his property and announces it to us sometime after the 1 year lease expired. After some people view the house and some extra time passes we received a 90 day notice to move out from the landlord. We start looking for a new home and move out after just 60 days. It's been 30 days now and under california state law I believe we only need to give landlord 30 days to pay us back the security deposit. We left the place in good health with 3 children videotaped the place just in case before vacating it completely. We have sent out a letter via certified mail which the landlord refuses to pick up to request the deposit. What can I do to get this money? I am thinking small claims court is next asking for double even tripple the amount since he refuses to pay whats legally mine???

Second issue I ordered a box about 3 weeks after we had moved out from 123inkjets for ink. It was somehow shipped to my old address eventhough I updated it before the order was shipped out. It ended up at the old adress and the delivery confirmation confirmed it was delivered there and accepted. Now my landlord says I think I have it I have to look in the house but he of course says he doesnt live there. He has taken my legal property which is mail and is keeping this as well what can be done about this?

my money my stuff?? What is wrong with this guy?? People living around there say he is on some medication but I hope this isnt going to affect me getting whats legally mine. :)

Thanks.

ok so we lived in the place for nearly 2 years the lease was for a year and our landlord decides to slowly sell his property and announces it to us sometime after the 1 year lease expired. After some people view the house and some extra time passes we received a 90 day notice to move out from the landlord. We start looking for a new home and move out after just 60 days. It's been 30 days now and under california state law I believe we only need to give landlord 30 days to pay us back the security deposit. We left the place in good health with 3 children videotaped the place just in case before vacating it completely. We have sent out a letter via certified mail which the landlord refuses to pick up to request the deposit. What can I do to get this money? I am thinking small claims court is next asking for double even tripple the amount since he refuses to pay whats legally mine???

Second issue I ordered a box about 3 weeks after we had moved out from 123inkjets for ink. It was somehow shipped to my old address eventhough I updated it before the order was shipped out. It ended up at the old adress and the delivery confirmation confirmed it was delivered there and accepted. Now my landlord says I think I have it I have to look in the house but he of course says he doesnt live there. He has taken my legal property which is mail and is keeping this as well what can be done about this?

my money my stuff?? What is wrong with this guy?? People living around there say he is on some medication but I hope this isnt going to affect me getting whats legally mine. :)

Thanks.

I also get ink from that place..they only deliver it like regular mail. You can not prove he took it. It is nothing like a certified register mail where you have to sign for it. But lets say you did. You still can't prove he sign for it. Anyone could sign the name on the package. Use a little common sense here.
You have to take him to court. You showed that you made an attempt to tell him by sending that letter asking for your deposit. When that letter is return, do not open..keep it sealed. You can only ask for double or triple when he misuses the deposit by making false claims on deductions. He is not deducting anything. good thing you took a video when you left. That is using common sense.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back