Second mortgage lender blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectra

I have a home with a first and second mortgage. I am trying to refinance my first mortgage with my first mortgage lender. In order for my first mortgage lender to refinance me they need certain documents from my second mortgage lender. My second mortgage lender ignores my first mortgage lender. After a year my first mortgage lender has canceled my refinance because of my second mortgage lender's lack of action. They also canceled 14,999 other refinances for the same reason. Many of those canceled are because they have the same second mortgage lender I have. The lack of refinancing is costing we more each month than my second mortgage.

What recourse do I have? How can I make my second mortgage lender provide me with customer service? Are there laws against second mortgage lenders preventing you from refinancing? Please advise.

I have a home with a first and second mortgage. I am trying to refinance my first mortgage with my first mortgage lender. In order for my first mortgage lender to refinance me they need certain documents from my second mortgage lender. My second mortgage lender ignores my first mortgage lender. After a year my first mortgage lender has canceled my refinance because of my second mortgage lender's lack of action. They also canceled 14,999 other refinances for the same reason. Many of those canceled are because they have the same second mortgage lender I have. The lack of refinancing is costing we more each month than my second mortgage.

What recourse do I have? How can I make my second mortgage lender provide me with customer service? Are there laws against second mortgage lenders preventing you from refinancing? Please advise.

Sorry, OP, no one has to cooperate with you, or assist you in receiving a refinance.

If you can't comply with the lender's requirements, you can't complete the loan process.

There is probably plenty of blame to spread around, but it doesn't matter.

Stubbornness, rudeness, stupidity, recalcitrance, or ignorance aren't actionable torts under law.

Neither is "poor customer service", so all you can do is what I do every day about the things that control me; "grin and bear it", simply "grin and bear it".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back