Seatbelt Citation

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoodMan223

A few days ago I got a citation as a passenger in a car. My friend was driving, the cop pulled us over and walks up to my window and asks me for ID. He asks me where my seatbelt is. I was wearing my lap belt, but not my shoulder belt. The car is equipped for the shoulder belt, but it was unhooked.. I didn't think about it, it's not my car.. the cop says if the car has both, you need both. That was the only thing we were pulled over for.. the driver did not receive a ticket.

The fine is about $100, but what I'm most concerned about is the part on the back where it says this will go on my driving record if I just pay the fine. I don't know anything about this stuff.. will this affect my insurance? Do you think it's worth contesting, or should I just pay?

This is Washington State, Thurston County, by the way.

FoodMan223 said:
A few days ago I got a citation as a passenger in a car. My friend was driving, the cop pulled us over and walks up to my window and asks me for ID. He asks me where my seatbelt is. I was wearing my lap belt, but not my shoulder belt. The car is equipped for the shoulder belt, but it was unhooked.. I didn't think about it, it's not my car.. the cop says if the car has both, you need both. That was the only thing we were pulled over for.. the driver did not receive a ticket.

The fine is about $100, but what I'm most concerned about is the part on the back where it says this will go on my driving record if I just pay the fine. I don't know anything about this stuff.. will this affect my insurance? Do you think it's worth contesting, or should I just pay?

This is Washington State, Thurston County, by the way.
Don't know your state but you may want to ask your local Department of Motor Vehicles about this since I believe there are different levels of moving violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back