Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Search of vehicle damaged in arrest/traffic stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gentry42409

My son-in law was stopped for disregarding a stop sign on 12-18-03 he had a passenger with him when he was stopped. The KSP approched the passenger side first because he said he belived that he was stashing something, both boys were removed from the car and my son-in-law was asked if he could look through the vehicle real fast, he told him he could,not meaning tearing out his glove department, or looking through the console and the trunk. Also everything was left torn apart and scattered out through the vehicle. His cell phone was seized and they never gave him an itemized reciept. The KSP still have the cell phone. Charges that my son-in-law recieved all state that it was found under passenger seat, where passenger was seated. The charges that were given were drugs. My son-in-law recieved the disregaurdng stop sign and eccessive window tinting along with the drug charges. Do you believe we have a case to sue? Also could he have any of the charges dropped. He has no priors of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back