Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Search and Seizure without consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian_Davis

Hello my names Christian Davis and i just wanted to see if a situation was illegal.

Today, i was coming home from a friends with 3 passengers when i ended up stuck behind a car going 50-55 in a 55 for whatever reason i waited til it was legal adn passed him well i get about mile mile and a half down the road and as im pulling into my drive way a nonstate maintained road the undercover cop turns his lights on stops me gets my license and then tells me to get out and begins to search me to which i say "sir you cant search me without cause" he continues and finds a pipe is this illegal searching? Should i fight this our move on? and he said he stoped me for riding too close.......sorry about the run on senteces and bad grammar im still frazzled. and help would be greatly appreciated
:D

The search may have been illegal.
However, I'm betting it wasn't.
The officer could have observed some "unusual" behavior in your car.
That behavior, coupled with the alleged traffic violation, could be his probable cause for the search.

Were you charged with anything other than a traffic violation?

If not, let it go. If you were charged with something else, what was the charge? Were your passengers searched or charged? Was the cop behind you or in front of you? Was the car going 50 MPH, the cop's car?

Hello my names Christian Davis and i just wanted to see if a situation was illegal.

Today, i was coming home from a friends with 3 passengers when i ended up stuck behind a car going 50-55 in a 55 for whatever reason i waited til it was legal adn passed him well i get about mile mile and a half down the road and as im pulling into my drive way a nonstate maintained road the undercover cop turns his lights on stops me gets my license and then tells me to get out and begins to search me to which i say "sir you cant search me without cause" he continues and finds a pipe is this illegal searching? Should i fight this our move on? and he said he stoped me for riding too close.......sorry about the run on senteces and bad grammar im still frazzled. and help would be greatly appreciated
:D

How old are you? How old are you passengers? How fast were you going when you passed the driver that was following the speeding law? What were you doing BEFORE you passed the other driver...ie...Tailgating? Beeping?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back