K Visa Scottish Girl Marrying US Soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendy1

Hello,

I'm marrying my american fiance in America in 4 weeks time after we marry I plan on living with him in Oklahoma while he's still in the army, I'm very unsure of how to apply for a green card or if I even need one cause I know the UK doesn't qualify for the green card lottery...what else will I need to apply for to be able to work in america etc. I don't know where to start, I want to make sure i'm not doing anything illegal.....I have not got a clue of what I need. Please help me......

Wendy1

I was in the same position 16 years ago. I married my husband in the UK, he was Navy and moved here. The Navy took care of most of the paperwork and all I did was attend several doctors appts for testing. I would check with the Army because they are typically good at helping with this stuff. I was issued a temp green card for 2 years and then I was issued a 10 year. I am sure the army will have the best advice of this and will have the answers you are looking for.

K

This is not legal Advice!

Hey,

The rules have changed a bit over the years, there should not be a problem with you moving back to the USA with your husband but he has to prove he can financially keep you for a period of time.
Your best port of call will be the website of the ins/uscis here lies all the CURRENT information you require.

Take care and good luck

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back