Scorned Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlove165

I have a friend that cheated on his wife sometime during 2003. The wife found out and told her husband to stop seeing the girl or leave. He decided to stop seeing the girl. Everything was calm until November 2004. The girl started calling leaving messages and showing up in places she knew he will be. He received a notice to appear in small claim next month. The girl (lover) claims she loan him $1000 and she wants him to pay back. He says she never gave him any money as a loan or gift. Does she have a case against him? Is there a way for him to say she is doing this because she is mad at her for leaving her to work things out with his wife? She has left messages such as "please call me" then some angry messages which I cannot print. He doesn't want to lose his wife; but wants to know what are his chances in small claims court.

I am certainly no lawyer, but do watch a lot of court shows. She would have to provide proof that she loaned him money. She would have to have a canceled check to him, a receipt for cash........something that would tie the money she is claiming he ows........to him. Just saying he owes her money won't win her case. The burden of proof is on her.

You can check out the laws in your state. if she has any witnesses, or an I.O.U. there could be a problem. Who knows? maybe the husband is lying again to the wife- she did threaten to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back