School transcript retention

M

MariMcD

Jurisdiction
Washington
I am in need of a copy of my high school transcripts for the college I'm applying to. I contacted the public high school I graduated from and they informed me that they don't have any records beyond 9th grade. According to WAC 392-415-070 it stated that the school is required to keep the records for 100 years after graduation or withdrawal. I want to find out what my legal rights are.

I am in need of a copy of my high school transcripts for the college I'm applying to. I contacted the public high school I graduated from and they informed me that they don't have any records beyond 9th grade. According to WAC 392-415-070 it stated that the school is required to keep the records for 100 years after graduation or withdrawal. I want to find out what my legal rights are.

It appears you didn't attend high school, or you didn't graduate.

I contacted the public high school I graduated from and they informed me that they don't have any records beyond 9th grade.

I suggest you pay a personal visit to your high school's administrative office and insist on a search of the records rather than rely on a phone conversation.

It would help if you had records of your own (report cards, yearbooks, etc) that would assist in the search.

According to WAC 392-415-070 it stated that the school is required to keep the records for 100 years after graduation or withdrawal.

So?

If the records don't exist, that law isn't going to help you.

I want to find out what my legal rights are.

You have lots of rights. Wouldn't make sense to try to list them all.

Back