Schizophrenia and weapons

lunarofficial

Hello all,
I would like to explain a circumstance in which said person Zed has a mental illness, specifically schizophrenia. Zed lives with their little brother and mother. And has a hard time controlling himself from outbursts in the middle of the night. Generally during Zeds psychosis he will see people, generally family members, or people from his past and constant fight with them. This worries Zeds family, as they constantly hear him cursing and threatening people that aren't real. Sometimes Zed even goes as far to threaten to kill his family when he does not get what he wants. Now at Zeds age it is legal for him to purchase a firearm with proper licensing. But due to his condition his family is worried about him trying to purchase firearms. Also notably because of his probation and fail to appear he is no longer able to purchase a firearm through a licensed dealer. Consequently he decides to assemble a makeshift firearm, out of everyday hardware (tubing, spring, nuts and screws). This really begins to worry his family members. He tells his family members that he had ordered a package in their name because he isn't allowed to be in public housing where his family lives, due to having a vandalism & breaking+entering charge on public housing property. He is not specific about the contents of the package even when asked by family members. His family is worried that the contents may possibly be bullets for his make shift firearm. Especially after he tells them to not open the package when it arrives. Eventually law enforcement removes him from the premises and tells him to not come back. As they have in the past. What should his family do under the circumstance the shipment is bullets for a home made firearm and if said person Zed attempts to come back to stay with the family?

michigan

Hello all,
I would like to explain a circumstance in which said person Zed has a mental illness, specifically schizophrenia. Zed lives with their little brother and mother. And has a hard time controlling himself from outbursts in the middle of the night. Generally during Zeds psychosis he will see people, generally family members, or people from his past and constant fight with them. This worries Zeds family, as they constantly hear him cursing and threatening people that aren't real. Sometimes Zed even goes as far to threaten to kill his family when he does not get what he wants. Now at Zeds age it is legal for him to purchase a firearm with proper licensing. But due to his condition his family is worried about him trying to purchase firearms. Also notably because of his probation and fail to appear he is no longer able to purchase a firearm through a licensed dealer. Consequently he decides to assemble a makeshift firearm, out of everyday hardware (tubing, spring, nuts and screws). This really begins to worry his family members. He tells his family members that he had ordered a package in their name because he isn't allowed to be in public housing where his family lives, due to having a vandalism & breaking+entering charge on public housing property. He is not specific about the contents of the package even when asked by family members. His family is worried that the contents may possibly be bullets for his make shift firearm. Especially after he tells them to not open the package when it arrives. Eventually law enforcement removes him from the premises and tells him to not come back. As they have in the past. What should his family do under the circumstance the shipment is bullets for a home made firearm and if said person Zed attempts to come back to stay with the family?

michigan

What state?

What should his family do under the circumstance the shipment is bullets for a home made firearm and if said person Zed attempts to come back to stay with the family?

I suspect your local police and/or mental health agency would be able to advise the family appropriately.

I suggest a concerned relative contact both agencies ASAP.

ArmyJudge; your're a Wolverine? Cool, so is my middle brother.

Yes, ma'am, "Go Blue".

Their fight song has to best fight song of any college/university:

I've always loved their football, baseball, hockey, and basketball teams, too!

I wasted a few fall Saturday mornings in the Big House.

My middle sister and her husband earned their MDs there, too.

I would think based off what you say... This homemade firearm will blow up in his face. Might be a good way to fix the issue. If you are really worried then open the box and inspect the contents.

Back