Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockandawe

My girlfriend allowed me to use her credit card an now she has filed a police report against me for credit card fraud or a serious matter that could resort into me being arrested for a felony charge. What can I do to protect myself? The card was given to me by her and only a verbal agreement was made between us for me to use the card and pay the bill when it comes in. But now she is mad and has been mad at me for awhile and doing this.
We have been in a relationship since 2007 and just started living together since October 2009. Can someone please advise me what I need to do in this matter?

If she gave you the card to use then she will have to take the matter to court if she has a problem. Do your part to pay what you owe so you don't run in to a criminal problem. Also do yourself a favor and stop using the card... assuming it is still activated.
The police won't do anything with this. They would only get involved if you stole the card from her and you made unauthorized purchases. If what you say is true, don't worry about it.

Again, I didn't steal the card it was given to me. All the purchases made were for gas for my vehicle and items for our home. That's it!!

As stated just pay up your part, and tell her to go jump in the river. Even if she does take you to court it's a he said/she said case. The worst that could happen is she could get a judgment against you, but since you are paying it anyway that would be a moot point. And in the end taking you to court would cost her money in the form of court fees. She could try to argue that you should have to pay those, but again, if you are already paying, I don't think the judge is going to take to kindly to her trying to sue for money you are already paying back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back