Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Scared to go to the doctor after having taken drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiitoast

Jurisdiction
Australia
Hey guys.
My friend, who lives in New South Wales, Australia, took four different drugs tonight. Marijuana , methamphetamines , ecstasy. Idk about the other thing though, it was a capsule, but it made her angry. Like scary angry. And she was shaking. Yesterday she took the capsule and marijuana again, her memory wasnt very clear, she remembers being really mad and smashing things and blanking out. Losing control of her body, as if it controls her.
And now she has severe head aches and has been depressed. Im worried she might be suicidal because she made hints about it. She feels as if no one cares about her and is in pain. I think she does the drugs to make the pain stop.
She needs to see a doctor but she doesnt want to cause the drugs she took are illegal and she is afraid of getting in trouble cause police will be notified straight away when they do blood tests.
Is there any way to help her?
She doesnt want to get in trouble but she needs medical help.

Thanks in advance

Sorry, but this site deals only with US law. It is not the same as Australian law and we have no experts in Australian law here.

That being said, it goes without saying that she should seek medical help immediately as if she does not, there can be worse things in her future than being under arrest for illegal drugs (should that be what transpires).

There is one expert in Australian law, and also one admitted before their bar, and still holding the designation, formerly known as Queens Counsel.

that said, OP, I suggest you get medical help for your friend.
Her life is more important than any criminal charges, which are very unlikely anyway.
Call "000", or "112" whichever applies and get her medical help.
Unless you're hiding in Switzerland or Westerville, OH., while conducting your "prank".
Good luck to you and your friend.

Typically there are laws to deal with the issue you describe. I won't make any representations about Australian law but as a matter of public policy there may some protection afforded to her such as doctor patient privileges. Have you reached out to the hospital? I'd have to guess that they have probably encountered this type of a situation frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back