Scared of Eviction?

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
My partner (that is also on the lease) was having mental health issues and called non emergency PD to talk to someone. They ended up dispatching officers who decided to take him to get evaluated psychologically, and for some reason they said they needed to put him in handcuffs (possibly safety?). Of course, they parked down at the end of the apartments, so he had to walk by a bunch of our neighbors doors. I am worried this will impact our lease if our landlord finds out. But he did not commit any crimes, he was not getting arrested and police said they were actually glad he called. Should I be worried about this impacting our lease? I cannot find anything in the lease about disturbing enjoyment? We have only been living here for a couple months so that is why I'm worried, we do not have the history built up to show this was a very rare occasion.

I'm worried

No need to worry, the person was transported to hospital for a mental health evaluation.

A mental illness is not a crime.

I don't see any irregularities in your future, other than helping your loved one get better.

If the landlord claims the person was arrested, all you have to say is the police transported the person to a hospital for a medical evaluation; which required immediate response and they couldn't wait for an ambulance.

You can then say he/she is recuperating and trying the heal.

Should I be worried about this impacting our lease?

I'm not entirely sure what "impacting our lease" might mean, but whether or not that happens is entirely up to your landlord. Since we obviously don't your landlord, we have no conceivable way of predicting whether he/she/it will do anything as a result of the incident you described.

I cannot find anything in the lease about disturbing enjoyment?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence is not a question. If you intended a question, I cannot discern what you intended to ask.

You're getting so far ahead of yourself that you are about to bump into your backside.

Indeed.

Back