Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Scam or Real?

A Prater

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I made the mistake of asking for a massage by text and I just received a call for US Courts today saying I would be prosecuted for soliciting a minor but I had no idea to begin with and I cancelled before she came to me so it never took place. They said I needed to wire western union 5,000 to a specified individual so I wouldn't be prosecuted. I actually did wire the money and had to take a psych test for them to discharge, which I did. They sent me a (so called court document from Northern District of Georgia) Now , they say I owe another 35,000 to fully discharge the case.

Is this a scam or could it be real? I dont have this kind of money.

Please advise as they have given me until 4:30 today to respond.

Thank you,

I just received a call for US Courts today saying I would be prosecuted for soliciting a minor

What does "received a call for US Courts" mean?

Needless to say, if you were actually being prosecuted for this, you'd either be visited by law enforcement officers or, at a minimum, receive paperwork in the mail.

Is this a scam or could it be real?

This is so obviously a scam that it's hard to believe any adult of reasonable intelligence would fall for it. You might want to reach out to the FBI.

I made the mistake of asking for a massage by text and I just received a call for US Courts today saying I would be prosecuted for soliciting a minor but I had no idea to begin with and I cancelled before she came to me so it never took place. They said I needed to wire western union 5,000 to a specified individual so I wouldn't be prosecuted. I actually did wire the money and had to take a psych test for them to discharge, which I did. They sent me a (so called court document from Northern District of Georgia) Now , they say I owe another 35,000 to fully discharge the case.

Is this a scam or could it be real? I dont have this kind of money.

Please advise as they have given me until 4:30 today to respond.

Thank you,
You are being scammed.

What would be the best way of getting rid of them, Attorney or detective?

What does "received a call for US Courts" mean?

Needless to say, if you were actually being prosecuted for this, you'd either be visited by law enforcement officers or, at a minimum, receive paperwork in the mail.

This is so obviously a scam that it's hard to believe any adult of reasonable intelligence would fall for it. You might want to reach out to the FBI.

The only reason I considered was they had my text and the therapist asked if I would be up for a happy ending and I stupidly said ok but then I canceled. Is the any prosecution on this other than being stupid?

The only reason I considered was they had my text and the therapist asked if I would be up for a happy ending and I stupidly said ok but then I canceled. Is the any prosecution on this other than being stupid?
US Courts is what showed up on my phone

Is this a scam or could it be real?

SCAM, a rather old SCAM at that.

The feds, particularly the federal courts, DON'T call you and demand tribute to avoid being prosecuted.

What would be the best way of getting rid of them, Attorney or detective?

I find that politely expressing concern for their spiritual well being, and suggesting that they meet with a spiritual leader within their faith tradition and discuss the state of their dismal existence as bottom feeders is an excellent repellant.

Another person I met who is brighter than either of us made a counter offer - if the scammer would send her $100, she's send him legitimate job listings from the newspaper.

File a police report and go to Submit a Tip — FBI

Is the any prosecution on this other than being stupid?

"Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin. The victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime: the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity." Robert A Heinlein.

Heinlein's explanation of the affliction stupidity should regularly be shared. Thank you @adjusterjack for sharing this profound missive.

Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation.
Stupidity is not a sin.
The victim can't help being stupid.
But stupidity is the only universal capital crime: the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."
Robert A Heinlein

Back