Runaway wanting to know options with emancipation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucfanib

Hello, my dad lives in Texas and has to be in control of every situation. He sent me away to a camp, however I ran away. Id like to live with my mom but my dad made her out to have kidnapped me, and now the judge forced supervised visits. I want to know my options if I can live with my brother in florida and what are the consequences if my siblings take me in even though I'm a runaway. I am soon to be 17 and can't live with my father. I'd rather be a runaway. Please let me know my legal options. And the options my family has in taking me in.

Your siblings could face FEDERAL time in prison.

Running away pretty much guarantees that you won't be emancipated.

You live where your primary parent says you live until you're 18.

Though police in Texas usually do not pursue a runaway who is 17 in Texas, if they leave the state, other states will. Further anyone, including your brother, can be charged and convicted of harboring a runaway.

Your only option that keeps everyone out of trouble is to go home to dad. Anyone that takes you in could be charged with criminal offenses for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Things aren't as bad as they seem. We all have rules to live by. Go home.

When you're young, it doesn't seem like it but time goes fast. You will be 18 before you know it & can live where you want. You need to go live with Dad in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back