Roommate Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerseycruz

I moved out of my old roommate's apartment a week ago because one of them threatened to hit me while he was drunk. I had to file a EPO against him and then later on I had to file a trespassing charge against his girlfriend because she barged in my room without asking and started trouble with me. Now, after I moved out there were still some things I left at the apartment and I asked nicely if we could arrange something so I can come pick up my stuff. She kept refusing and said that she's gonna arrange a civil standby. Apparently the civil standby didn't occur b/c the shift sergeant doesn't have the time to do so. And so then the girl told me she put all of my stuff out on the street and whatever happens to it, it's beyond her control. Does she have a right to do this?

You'll have to sue her for the value of your stuff in small claims court. You'll need proof ( as in receipts, or affidavits, if they were gifts attesting to the value of the items), don't nickel and dime it. The court will become impatient if you try to claim packages of ramen or pairs of athletic socks. Just claim items of value.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Did you check to see if your property was there on the street, nothing missing & nothing damaged? (This wasn't real clear.)

If it's not there, some things missing or damaged, then sue. You can sue up to $5,000 in SCC in Va.

Sorry.. I tried to keep it short and simple. But I picked up my stuff this morning and everything was fine in the bag. She left it in the middle of the street with a note attached on it with my name. It was ridiculous. But nothing is damaged so far from what I see. She even recorded me with her iphone through her window while I got my stuff even after I told her that I wish to not get recorded and I never gave her any permission to do so. It's just a bunch of unnecessary nonsense.

Oh AND also.. She threatened to charge me with trespassing if I step foot onto her "apartment property" even if it's outside the door. (Even though I wasn't planning on to doing so anyways.) She also said that she's gonna get me in trouble because I threw my keys away. I mean what was I supposed to do with them? I didn't live there anymore. And we had an agreement that she had to give me partially the rent money and I'll hand over the keys. She didn't comply so I just disposed the key since there's no purpose for me to have them anymore.

Since you have your property, everything seems to be there & ok, I would do nothing further. Just let it go & have no more contact with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back