Roommate giving distress over DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffanyhudson87

Hi,

I have an ex- roommate that is giving me distress over a broken DVD player. I took a DVD out, and closed the tray within normal usage. Two days later, the DVD player was not opening. I did some research and learned that this particular DVD player has a history of jamming like that within normal usage. Her boyfriend also opened up the DVD player and tampered with it before she sent it off to a repair shop. She is now trying to get me to pay a $300 bill for repairs, but i do not think i should have to pay it because i did not negligently or purposely abuse the DVD player and everything occurred within normal usage. She is constantly harassing me for the money. What do i do?

Ignore her. Do that to most insects and they eventually go away!!!

Thanks guys, This has really been stressing me out. She keeps texting me asking for her money, but i just keep ignoring her. Hopefully she will just go away. However, she knows where i work... so i'm hoping she doesn't go in there trying to talk to me there.

tiffanyhudson87 said:
Thanks guys, This has really been stressing me out. She keeps texting me asking for her money, but i just keep ignoring her. Hopefully she will just go away. However, she knows where i work... so i'm hoping she doesn't go in there trying to talk to me there.

If this pesky little rodent appears on your job, avoid her. If she persists, tell your boss. If you're the boss, call the cops and have her trespassed.

A really dumb suggestion by the last poster. It is not recommended that you become physically violent with her.

$300 to repair a DVD player? A new one can be purchased for much less than this.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back