Roommate Dramas how can I get out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RommateDramas

Im not sure if this is going to work..But I am having issues getting out of a lease...I entered a lease agreement 2 weeks ago..I want out...I have been there 4 times max and never slept nor showered there. My roommates are intolerable. How can I get out of this without being responsible for the whole year. They are making this situation harder to get out of because Im leaving sooner than I thought. I told them I was leaving within 6 months. But I realized its a waist of money and I could never live with them. It is to far from my work and I never stay there. I can't handle all their drinking and smoking weed anyways. Please help.

About the only way you can get out of this year lease is to find someone to sublet the place from you. In other words, find another tenant to take over your portion of the lease.

Gail

I know this and I have been doing what I can to get a re-placement for myself.. I work in property management so I knew this is what I had to do... however, the roommates are not being reasonable about it. They know that they too need to approve of the new roommate and they are prolonging it as long as possible to get what they can out of me.... They even told me that I had to follow their conditions when finding someone in order for them to be open minded about a re-placement. There conditions are that people interested cannot call them and that they must be home while I show the house and others... it is hard to do this. How can I work around my work schedule and theirs and the people interested in the room.

Since they are being unreasonable regarding a replacement tenant, see if you can find a compromise figure with them so they can release you from the agreement without making you pay for the whole six months period. Peace of mind is... priceless!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back