Roomates suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonblount

I had a roomate. Well He seemed normal. HE lived here about 2 months. I went out of town, and I came back and all his stuff was gone. He owed me rent money, electric money, phone, and cable. He left nothing and I can not find him. he is on probation and so i got all his information, but i can't find him anywhere. I want to take him to court but what do i need to do first. The address that is on his probation thing is his sisters address and she said he doesn't live there anymore. He also acessed my cable records with out my permission and he added a DSL modem. He signed up for that for a year and now i am stuck paying for it. That is the only thing he left in the room when he left. I really could use some advice. No one seems to want to cooperate. HELP!:confused:

If he signed you up for a cable modem and accessed your records without your consent, you may not be responsible for the contract that you did not make. Did you report it immediately? Have you been using the account since then? If the answers are no and yes consecutively, then you have not helped yourself in that matter. If so, then you should tell the cable company that you did not order it. If he obtained your passwords by theft then you should state as such.

Unfortunately in a matter like this, the law is of little assistance. Enforcement, like the police, or a private investigator, might be of more assistance. The law is interested in leaving people to take care of their lives, make smart decisions, which also includes prudence -- don't lend someone a high ticket item or something of importance if you don't know them well enough or take a security. After all, your landlord does the same when he/she demands that you pay a security deposit -- now you know the reason. Your apartment and life is something that needs protection. You didn't do that here and I'm sorry for you since I'm sure you didn't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back