rights of mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennAngel

I am 19 years old, unwed and pregnant. The father of my baby says he is going to see a lawyer about signing his rights away. What exactly does this mean? Do I have to still put him on the birth certificate? Do I still have to give him visitation? I am lost on where this leaves me, please help.:confused:

IT MEANS THAT HE WANTS TO GIVE YOU ALL THE PARENTAL RIGHTS TO YOUR CHILD YES HE NEEDS TO BE ON BC BUT YOU CAN RIGHT UNKNOWN HE IS NOT ENTITLED TO VISITATION BECAUSE HE HAS NO RIGHTS AS THE FATHER

Pregnant and Father threatens to sign away rights or take custody...Help!

I'm a 21 year old woman, never married, 3 months pregnant. I'm 110% sure of the babies father,(we dated for 6 months before I got pregnant) Anyway, long story short, since we are not together he is already worried I will try to take him for child support. He refuses to take responsibility for the child so he said he would just sign over all rights and put me in a situation of raising this child all by myself. Can he really leave me stuck like this? He also threatened to take full custody so he wouldn't have to pay c.s. and I would..is that really possible? I have no criminal backround, served in the military, hold a steady job etc.. he has 2 felonies pending, has been to jail before and he has 3 different children with 2 different women not including mine. He lives w/his current "baby moms" who calls and harrasses me, says she is going to beat me up and show up at my house etc. Can i get a restraining order on her? Just because they live together, when my baby is born does it have to be around her? It seems only right for my unborn baby to have a father around but w/a baby moms who constantly harrasses me and a father who either will try to take my child permanently or not pay for anything and sign over his rights what am I to do? ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back