rights if i have any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C5CHICK

I have been employeed at my current job for the past 20 years. I was just notified by my boss yesterday that he was looking for someone to take my position. I am a salary employee but I work 60-70 hours a week. When I took the head postion I had a contract that stated that I would receive quaterly bonus which only took place the first year of my contract, then my boss stopped giving them.. He verbaly acts me in front of my employees.
And plays alot of mind games as well. As for an example : I was demoted years ago when I wasnt meeting his full expectations of my job performance He hired someone else and then fired them, gave me my job back, but then I had to preform tricks and and jump through hoops for him. I was also told I would receive my pay raise this year till June and only if "my attiude" changed. Then he would pay me for all those months I didnt receive my pay raise... I was wondering if there is any action I can take on this matter. If I will be able to receive unemployment benifts? Or some type of compensation from my past contract?

follow up question

Ok he told me yesterday they were going to replace me. I seen in the paper today they are running an add. At this point I feel I am putting in my 2 week notice/whatever. If this is happening must I stay till they find someone to replace me say if within the next 2 weeks they dont find someone. Can I still collect unemployment? They did this before and never found anyone better and I stayed :confused: Now its happening again! And im getting quiet tired of the yo-yo action. I need to get on with my life you know, why should I have to stay past the 2 weeks just to make their lives easier next thing they will want me to train them like I did the last time.... Just to have them fire him and give me the job back. Ive never missed a day of work in 20 years . But I really feel like staying home tommorow.

If I quit is there any chance of still collecting? under the above circumstances...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back