Right to rent to landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

thermalman

My landlord is constantly coming over here for something. When we moved in several months ago we agreed to to let him keep his tools in a tool room which I was skeptical about. I told him he would need to call before entering which he does, but there was a time when he barged in with my wife here by herself with just a gown on which ticked me off. We really love the place & do not want to move, but the landlord is very strange. He came at us this week with a new lease agreement.

He raised the rent a $100.00. Do I have the right to rent the tool room to him ? Maybe a hundred a month. Also I was under the impression that once you rent the place is pretty much yours providing you follow landlord rules & florida statutes

His lease agreement is very strange? Never seen anything like it. Asking us to do stupid things like cleaning the air filter on dryer after every use. He apparrently comes in when we are not here looking for things that should be done. My wife had just washed a load of clothes & left the lent in the vent but checks it everytime before drying. She took offense to this.

The tool room is another subject as I stay out of it except to access the washer & dryer which are in there. We currently are renting a storage unit to store things & could use the tool room for this if the landlord would get out !

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back