Reverse custody problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

costrom

I have the reverse problem of most of the accounts I have read. My wife and her ex have joint custody of their 5-year old son. He has "managing" custody - right to determine residence, physical custody etc. He moved to back to Germany from Texas on the 13th of Dec. As he left town, he dropped a certified letter to inform us of this. The thing is, is that he was at our house that morning - he lived a few doors down. Apparently he thought that would suffice for notice - but we found out he has been selling off his things for some time.

We bought plane tickets for my wife to go see her son - especially since it was right before Christmas. When she showed up at his door (his parents since he quit his job and has no place of his own) he was shocked to say the least. Then he refused to let her have her visitation. She followed the ruled of the Custody arangement and wanted to take him to see her sister and Grandmother for Christmas. He said the their son would never be allowed to visit with her alone.

She has been there almost two weeks now and he has refused twice now to let her have him for visitation. My question is this - What do we do now? The lawyers here say that there isn't anything that the court here can do. The lawyers there say that there isn't anything they can do - she is AMerican, the father is German and so the son is German.

I have done a LOT of reading, and it seems that it is a pretty straightforward thing. But HOW do we make the father abide by the Custody arangement that he agreed to - the one signed in Texas? Anyone with any helpful information would be gratly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back