Finance, Investments Return My Money

asiyah

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
I invested my money and shared it with my husband. We have separate accounts and joint accounts. One month after we setup these accounts my husband stole a large amount of money from me and stole my brand new car that I paid cash for and now we are in court for a divorce. I asked my financial advisor if I could get my money back from these accounts I opened up with my husband and he said legally he cannot touch the money. I want to know is there a legal way that I can take my money back from the accounts that I from my husband in the joint account and a single account that he has?

Discuss it with your divorce attorney.
I don't wish to be the one that bursts your bubble.

I invested my money and shared it with my husband.

Please elaborate as to what "my money" means.

One month after we setup these accounts my husband stole a large amount of money from me and stole my brand new car that I paid cash for

How did he steal the money? Was the car titled only in your name?

I asked my financial advisor if I could get my money back from these accounts I opened up with my husband and he said legally he cannot touch the money.

Who cannot touch the money? Your husband or your financial advisor? In other words, who is "he" in this sentence?

I want to know is there a legal way that I can take my money back from the accounts that I from my husband in the joint account and a single account that he has?

We have no way of knowing what abilities you have, but you presumably have access to the joint account and don't have access to an account only in your husband's name. Right?

Back