Return fraud, sign papers , no police was called

Dj16

Jurisdiction
Alabama
I work at jcpenney I was recently caught by L.P. for a fraud return it was abt $30. I signed a paper stateing my actions. I was told the police would not be involved. My boss would call me tomorrow to let me know if I was terminated or or probation. I was wondering should I be worried about a civil demand or criminal charges? Since there weren't any mentioned.

I work at jcpenney I was recently caught by L.P. for a fraud return it was abt $30. I signed a paper stateing my actions. I was told the police would not be involved. My boss would call me tomorrow to let me know if I was terminated or or probation. I was wondering should I be worried about a civil demand or criminal charges? Since there weren't any mentioned.

No one can guarantee you anything.
However, what you describe sadly happens dozens of times daily all across the country.

Chances are things will turn out as you were told.

No need to worry about what will happen, because its too late for worry now.

Just go with the flow, live your life, try to right your ship.

For this too will pass.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. First off your job is gone chances they wont fire you are almost zero as stores dont like thieves. If they were going to involve Police they most likely would have done that at time of interview but it is possible. If they want you to repay store do it but get whatever they offer you (like no criminal filing) in writing! If they submit a Civil demand request pay it to avoid further problems. It was unwise to name store on public forum as well. If the store belongs to a Retail theft database forget ever working retail again unless you find a store that you KNOW does not use such a database. No one can say for certain what will or wont happen these are only guesses. In regards to Civil demand look below for more info.

Civil Recovery

Back