retaliation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

harm16

I was let go from my job after working there 13 years on July 4,2014 .I belive is was due to me going to HR about my store manager on May 1st. *On May 3 I took a leave of absence due to the stress and bulling (at this time I had begun to see a physiologist ) I was under due to the store manager. I retruned to work on June 26th and the District Manager came in to talk to me and at this time I was put on a proformance improved plan and it stated I had till June 28 th to "fix the issues" on June 28 -July 8 I was on a per planned vacation .I came back to work on 6-9 and on June 23rd I was put in a final warning on my proformance improvement plan from on this final warning they documented that the store manager and another store manager scanned 30 items and 17 of the 30 where incorrect I have the sheets showing 14 of the 17 items they said they needed to change really didn't need to be changed they where already 0. I have worked for the company 13 years I have 3 store managers that still work for (former employer) (none in Az) and 2 previous store managers *that will tell anyone what kinda of employee I was. I strongly belive I was let go due to going to HR.
Does this sould like retaliation? An wrongfully termanation?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very, very important.

What was the complaint about your manager that you took to HR?

Yes is was about the store manager

What cbg asked was what was the complaint about your manager that you took to HR. (Why did you make a complaint about your mgr. to HR?)

What cbg asked was what was the complaint about your manager that you took to HR. (Why did you make a complaint about your mgr. to HR?)

Yes I made the complaint to hr about my store manager . For saying inappropriate things and bullying

Define, inappropriate things.

There is a reason I am asking and the answer makes all the difference between having legal recourse and not having legal recourse. Not all or even most "retaliation" is illegal. You are going to have to be much more specific before we can assume this is the illegal kind.

Define, inappropriate things.

There is a reason I am asking and the answer makes all the difference between having legal recourse and not having legal recourse. Not all or even most "retaliation" is illegal. You are going to have to be much more specific before we can assume this is the illegal kind.

The store manager would say inappropriate things such as "do you have a knife if yes use it right here and point to the wrist " " or get me a gun so I can shoot my self" then there was the bullying saying " if i wanted you gone you would be" knowing that was the thing I was most affaid of it was usec against me .

Not illegal. Inappropriate, I grant you, but not illegal.

Because it is not illegal behavior, reporting it to HR is not protected. And since it is not protected, "retaliation" because of it does not give you legal recourse. NOT a wrongful term. Unfair, quite possibly. Wrongful (illegal)? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back