Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Retaill theft in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivalo

I was recently charged with retail theft and I have a few questions regarding this

Here is my background, I am an adult & I stole an item from a store (it was concealed) , the merchandise cost no more than $22, I was arrested on site because I had no photo id and I didn't have my parents phone numbers to verify my identity. The store I stole from wants to push for criminal charges. I am being charged with retail theft (MB)

My bail/sentence when I went into booking was $555.00 I will be going to court in a few weeks for the first time. I am a first time offender and previous to this my record was clean.

So my questions are
In the future will I be able to expunge this?
I'm not exactly sure what to plead, and is a plea of abeyance something I can bring up or is it recommended by the judge?
I cannot afford an attorney, how do I receive a court appointed one?
Does anyone have a vague idea what I can expect? Probation, Fees, Community service etc.?
Any additional information would be appreciated.

thank you!

So my questions are
In the future will I be able to expunge this?
You wont need to wait for expungement if you seek and get diversion, ACD or the like
I'm not exactly sure what to plead, and is a plea of abeyance something I can bring up or is it recommended by the judge?
You start calling Lawyers and set up consultations many offer this free
I cannot afford an attorney, how do I receive a court appointed one?
If you meet criteria for court appointed Lawyer and ask for one yes
Does anyone have a vague idea what I can expect? Probation, Fees, Community service etc.?

Fines less than $500.00
Probation 6 mos to one year
Community service
Possible theft classes

would all be norm. Your court may have additional issues they want you to deal with but we cannot say what they are. I also recommend you take and complete the shoplifting prevention course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back