Retail theft

A

Abel

I was caught shoplifting at Carsons & was told i was under arrest. I wasn't taken to jail but put in hand cuffs & taken to the police department. I stole a pair of gloves worth of 23$. Im still waiting for the letter to come in with my court date. I feel like an idiot I am truly sorry It was completly out of character. I will do whatever it takes to get it off my record. I am 18 and live in Illinois. Any advice would help me please

I was caught shoplifting at Carsons & was told i was under arrest. I wasn't taken to jail but put in hand cuffs & taken to the police department. I stole a pair of gloves worth of 23$. Im still waiting for the letter to come in with my court date. I feel like an idiot I am truly sorry It was completly out of character. I will do whatever it takes to get it off my record. I am 18 and live in Illinois. Any advice would help me please

The ONLY way this comes off your record is fight it and get a NOT GUILTY verdict or get convicted and 15-20 years from now try to get a FULL PARDON.

Frankly, you can forget a pardon.

The not guilty verdict might be possible, but don't hold your breath.

The way to prevent being arrested is to STOP breaking their laws and stealing their junk.

You need to talk to a lawyer. If you cannot afford one, go to court & plead not guilty & ask for a public defender. Ask the lawyer about ACD or diversion as plea options.

The ONLY way this comes off your record is fight it and get a NOT GUILTY verdict or get convicted and 15-20 years from now try to get a FULL PARDON.

Frankly, you can forget a pardon.

The not guilty verdict might be possible, but don't hold your breath.

The way to prevent being arrested is to STOP breaking their laws and stealing their junk.
I'm honestly scared I don't know what to do Im never going to do this again it was so stupid of me. I've found Jesus in my heart & regretted everything I've done. I'm never like this I've always had a clean record & this is a first & last I don't know what's gotten into me please help me. do I need a lawyer or do I just show up on the court date & plea guilty I don't know what to do I've never done this

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. You should consult an Attorney to see what defense and plea options are available to you. Since you desire a clear record ask about ACD or Diversion

If you cannot afford a lawyer, go to court & plead NOT guilty & request a public defender.

Back