Restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the form of this "sexual harassment"? What is this person's relationship to you?

- Carl

You may have to check with a local attorney. Ohio apparently allows for onl four types of protective orders. A criminal court can issue a Temporary Protection Order (TPO) or an Anti-Stalking Protection Order (SPO) depending on the type of charge and your relationship to the defendant. The stalking order might only work if this activity falls under the definition of stalking in Ohio, and I don't know that it does. A Civil Court can issue Civil Protection Orders (CPO) if you are a family or household member of the defendant, and if you are being stalked, a Common Pleas Court may issue a Civil Staking Protection Order (CSPO).

I am not familiar with the laws in your state, so you might have to consult with an attorney to see if these actions constitute grounds for, perhaps, a CSPO, or even for a criminal violation for making some kind of annoying and harassing communications (my state has a law that this might cover, so I imagine yours does as well).

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back