restraining order violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandiTrottier

I filed for a domestic abuse restraining order on my husband and had several very ggod reasons for doing so. He got word of it and the day of the case he filed for one. The judge heard us both at the same time and granted a mutual restraining order and his held no water. He said that I slept till noon even though i was at work by noon, that i told the kids to leave me alone and locked myself in the bedroom everyday all day. Well a month later i called him and asked him if he wanted to talk and if he did to meet me in the alley. I stayed where i called him until i saw him going back to the alley. i drove back there and he wanted me to drop everything. I told him that i couldn't and he started a fight so I left. he got mad and called the cops. He told the cops that he said he didn;t want to meet me when i called, but went out to walk the dogs and saw me in the alley, so he came to talk to me and we got into an argument and I sped off. I went and waived my advisement and plead not guilty because he was in violation too and set a pre trial hearing. I am not sure what charges i am looking at. i have to prove his violation. The thing is that in Colorado with a domestic abuse protection order there cannot be a mutual order unless the other party can prove that they are in danger and he had no proof of that. I am not sure what to do. If I am charged should I appeal due to the fact that there never should have been a mutual order?

You violated the order by calling him. I doubt that your argument will hold up. If you're afraid of domestic abuse by him, why would you want to meet in an alley of all places?

I know you have a lot of issues going on, but you should try to consolidate them into one thread. It's hard to get relevant advice to any of your questions when so much of the information is spread out in several different threads. Not many people want to search out all your threads, and many will simply not bother to respond when it takes so much time to get all the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back