Restraining order..other recourse/options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momuv5

this past weekend my step son ran away. his mother KNEW and even helped him by lieing to his father about hearing from him. Cell phone records confirmed that she had talked to son about an hour after he had left and then again after she had gotten off the phone with his dad. She told my husband while the officer was here filling out the runaway report that she had not heard from or spoken to him. We did find step son and he is now home. We asked him if he thought about how this was going to affect his younger brother and sister his reply "well mom and I had plans to take care of that" The parents do have joint custody with the father being the custodial parent. This weekend should be her weekend to have the kids, but after he actions last weekend my husband is afraid they may not return home on sunday. Does he have any real recourse?

I think this would justify a change in circumstance and a modification of the custody order, but I don't know if a judge would see it that way. However, I think it's worth pursuing supervised visitations, and an emergency custody hearing.

If you don't send the children your husband will be in contempt, but if it's the first time it's likely that little to nothing will come of it, especially if you've already requested a hearing.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back