restitution

A

a flamenco

Jurisdiction
California
Same question. Does my ex have any grounds to take me to court to pay restitution directly to him that was court ordered? Its for my minor son's actions who is in a group home, & two other offenders were involved. I plan to pay to the courts once my son is back home, since im paying child support while he's in a group home.

Does my ex have any grounds to take me to court to pay restitution directly to him that was court ordered?

If the court ordered you to pay restitution and you haven't paid it, yes, he can take you back to court for contempt for disobeying a court order.

Your reason for not paying is irrelevant.

Did the order give you a deadline date?

Same question. Does my ex have any grounds to take me to court to pay restitution directly to him that was court ordered? Its for my minor son's actions who is in a group home, & two other offenders were involved. I plan to pay to the courts once my son is back home, since im paying child support while he's in a group home.

If you're unsure about the court order, post it, REDACT all personal information, I'll try to review and advise.

My suspicion is payment must be paid to the court.
However, your order might require you to pay the other party.
If so, be sure you pay by cashiers check, certified check, or money order.

Keep all proof of purchases and payments.
Make photocopies, keep the receipts for US mail, or FedEx, and make sure you receive and retain all proof of delivery.

Back