Sentencing, Plea Bargains restitution/ARD Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

help0701

I am accused of receiving stolen property. I have admitted to the crime and now owe the victim $11,000. The court will allow me to be a part of the ARD program if I can pay down the amount owed by $6500. I wont be able to do that, therefor I will not be allowed into ARD, and also will have a 3rd degree felony on my record.
I still have contact with the victim and he has said they would consider recinding their request for court ordered restitution if I will agree to make regular payments directly to them. Would a court accept a request like this from him?

I am accused of receiving stolen property. I have admitted to the crime and now owe the victim $11,000. The court will allow me to be a part of the ARD program if I can pay down the amount owed by $6500. I wont be able to do that, therefor I will not be allowed into ARD, and also will have a 3rd degree felony on my record.
I still have contact with the victim and he has said they would consider recinding their request for court ordered restitution if I will agree to make regular payments directly to them. Would a court accept a request like this from him?

Don't deceive yourself, that third degree felony isn't going to be erased by gaining acceptance to such a diversionary sentencing program. It might be harder to see, but it will be seen. It will also be seen by government agencies, and will be used against you should you ever get into serious trouble again.

Only a FULL executive pardon will erase the stain of such adjudications.

Yeah, records do get expunged or sealed, but that won't fully erase them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back