Respond to a Hearing Anonymously and Pro Se

Betty3

You can ask the court about a written document/statement being accepted but I'm not sure this will be acceptable for a hearing.

You might talk to a lawyer/get a lawyer involved. I don't think you can do this anonymously.

You can hold for other replies.

I did not start this thread as it looks - I responded to a poster's question. Another moderator apparently combined some threads/posts (or something) Betty3 4-14-15

Last edited:
I am defending a defamation case Pro Se.

I filed a motion to quash a subpoena to my internet provider to reveal my identity.

The plaintiff filed a motion in opposition to my motion to quash the subpoena.

The court has ordered a hearing concerning these two motions.

I am out of state and I obviously do not want to personally attend this hearing and reveal my identity.

Is there a way to furnish the court with written statements/documentation for this hearing?

Or is there a way I can respond to the plaintiff's opposition motion anonymously or as John Doe?

There is no way the other party will allow you to remain anonymous in a defamation lawsuit.

That violates so many principles of fairness and due process, that I urge you to retain counsel to pursue this for you, or try to negotiate a settlement.
There is no way you can pull a Wizard of OZ and ask to be ignored behind the curtain.

Be further advised that if you fail to appear and defend, the plaintiff will move for a default judgment against and for his or her relief to issue.

Friend, you are in over your head.

Someone has to appear, which is what a hearing is for. And even if the court accepts your documentation without a physical appearance, you're at a significant disadvantage and the chance to quash the information subpoena is extremely small, if at all. I can't imagine what you'd be able to say that would change the court's decision. If you're claiming that your router was hijacked by a hacker it's no defense. The ISP is just providing your information and you'll have to defend with that defense or another one later.

accused of exposing my man parts

I am defending a defamation case Pro Se.

I filed a motion to quash a subpoena to my internet provider to reveal my identity.

The plaintiff filed a motion in opposition to my motion to quash the subpoena.

The court has ordered a hearing concerning these two motions.

I am out of state and I obviously do not want to personally attend this hearing and reveal my identity.

Is there a way to furnish the court with written statements/documentation for this hearing?

Or is there a way I can respond to the plaintiff's opposition motion anonymously or as John Doe?

The case is more complexed, she is also falsely accusing me of exposure via a blurry image of me with my hands in my lap, she says the hands are a penis, I'm confused perhaps the police (the prosecutors) have doctored this image in some way because as I'm a taxi driver the crime must be considered more serious?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your status as a taxi driver would have absolutely nothing to do with it.
It seems to me your identity must already be known if you are filing motions in an active case.

Back