Resource For Tenant Landlord Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan3546

I'm a young homeowner that is interested in buying and renting / selling property.
I've got a property that I'm interested in renting in a few months but I want to educate myself in accordance to my local and federal landlord vs. tenant laws.

Where is a good place to go from here? I've looked around on the Internet and found some good resources but they have all been pay and I have a good feeling that if I look hard enough I could find these for free. I've read some things on lexus-nexus but there isn't too much there. What information and formalities are required for buying renting and selling property? What are the legal documents or applications that are required to be filled?

Does anyone have some great resources outside of this site (which has some great insight)

I'm a young homeowner that is interested in buying and renting / selling property.
I've got a property that I'm interested in renting in a few months but I want to educate myself in accordance to my local and federal landlord vs. tenant laws.

Where is a good place to go from here? I've looked around on the Internet and found some good resources but they have all been pay and I have a good feeling that if I look hard enough I could find these for free. I've read some things on lexus-nexus but there isn't too much there. What information and formalities are required for buying renting and selling property? What are the legal documents or applications that are required to be filled?

Does anyone have some great resources outside of this site (which has some great insight)
There are some great resources for specific areas but typically you get what you pay for on the Internet! We'll be putting up purchase and sale real estate forms this weekend and during this week that you would pay for elsewhere, but for large ticket purchases you really want a lawyer to look over the standard form agreements. With real estate, the key isn't just a good sale and purchase agreement -- it's in a good rider! :D That is typically negotiated by an experienced real estate lawyer and well worth the money!

Selling a car is another contract we'll be putting up but not this weekend. It's also a specialized form and key is doing your own homework in how to handle inspection of the car, the contract can only do so much because most will say that you've been given ample opportunity to inspect and the key is in making a good inspection.

Ethan, I would also suggest that you develop a good working relationship with a title company in the county where you plan on doing business.

Such a company can be a wealth of information.

There are actually many things that are required to be filled by the owner/buyer. The application forms that he will need are: Rental application form, residential lease form, pet agreement etc. There is a site which contains all type of such forms. I don't remember the name exactly. I think it's ezlandlordforms.com. You can try and find out. You can see and decide what kind of application is required at present.

The problem with buying preprinted forms is sometimes they just don't fit the situation.

In one state, I saw preprinted deed forms being sold at [major office supply store] that could not be recorded (they were not in the standard form) in the land deed records of that state without paying a hefty penalty.

Ok MS Landlord,

You sure you want to get into this because I have been
a landlord for 30 yrs and it is a pain in the (*&(W&*&&@#

Ok BECOME INFORMED

KNOW THE LAW.

Even forget what the attorneys tell you and I will tell you why
I represented myself for over 20 yrs in court pro-per
and believe me you learn very quickly what you can
and cannot do but bottom line is treat others as you
would like to be treated ie be fair and any Judge will
see this BUT BE FAIR IN WRITTING

Next best place to go for what to do is your state laws

If you are thinking of rentals say in AZ

Go to the Arizona Landlord and Tenant Act it has everything there
you need to legally do concerning rentals each state has this.

I have these laws sitting by my desk for the states I have rentals
in and believe it or not many lawyers do not know these!!!!

SKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back